老饕和娱乐化的厨房，也必须配备居家的基本特性。一些家庭非常重视在厨房开设出一片区域，来处理繁杂的日常生活事务， 这片区域也会给孩子们带来欢乐的厨房时间，他们可以自己动手准备放学后的小点心。（毕竟，孩子们的食物和小零嘴，是最会乱扔得家里满地都是， 所以有一片厨房区域收纳孩子们是非常妙的主意。）而且，这片区域尤其可以监督他们放下手中的平板电脑、手机、计算机，家长还可以一边准备饭菜，一边监管照看孩子，甚至家里宠物的喂食也能在厨房里解决。 And, remember those children grow, and a kitchen remodel should last at least 10 years. You want the kitchen to be adaptable so it will work for having kids around the house and empty nesters, so before you begin your kitchen renovation, seriously review how you use your current kitchen and set goals for your remodel. This way, you can stay on track as you make important decisions about floor plan, appliances, cabinetry and more.
而且要记住，孩子们都在长大，厨房翻新至少可以保持10年。您想要让厨房能应时而变，既能适应孩子们在身边的需要，也能在将来他们离开之后也能派上用场，那么在开始您的厨房大动作之前，请务必认真阅读：如何使用现有厨房，并为您的翻新计划定下目标。这样，您就能在决定布局方案、家电、橱柜和其他等等重要事项上不出差错了。 sourcing from http://www.hgtv.com Some tips you must read before doing any decisions. Questions to Ask:
- How many children do you have, and how old?
- How does each family member use the kitchen?
- Do children prepare their own snacks and/or meals?
- What about pets?
- Who hosts the family gatherings, and how large are these events?
- Do you cook for family gatherings (or order take-out, rely on a caterer)?
- How many family members cook in the kitchen at one time?
- What is each person’s role in the kitchen? (For example, dad cooks on weekends, mom makes everyday meals, children prepare their own breakfast, etc.)
- Describe a day in the life of your kitchen. What works? What doesn't?
重点：Easy-to-clean surfaces. Wipeability is key with family. Quartz surfaces, a man-made product, are durable, not as porous as natural stone (so less likely to stain). For budget-savvy households, laminate is available in a variety of colors and patterns that can even emulate granite. It’s not the real deal, so don’t expect to fool home buyers if you put the house up for sale. But it does stand up to spills. When choosing materials, consider their forgiveness if glasses are carelessly clunked on the countertop. For example, glass tile is not shock absorbent; and quartz cushions impact better than granite.
易于清洗的台面。能一擦即净对全家来说至关重要。石英表面和人造产品既耐用，又不像天然石材那样有很多孔隙而容易留下污渍。对于想节省预算的家庭来说，层压材料色彩丰富，纹样繁多，甚至比花岗石还好。当然人造材料并非十全十美，如果是要出售房子，那么在售价上肯定会有折扣，但这种人造材质的台面还是很扛得住烹饪过程中的泼溅弄脏的。此外还要考虑到材料的耐撞击程度，比方说，玻璃砖不具备吸震能力；而石英材质要比花岗石具有更好的缓冲力。 Accessible pantry. Storage for groceries is a top concern for families, and the “consumables” zone often doesn’t get the attention it deserves during planning, according to Blum, Inc., a producer of cabinet hardware. Pantry cabinets with drawers that fully extend make it easy to reach items. Perhaps children have designated pantry drawers that are lower and contain parent-approved foods. “Promoting self-sufficiency in the kitchen and healthy eating habits is important to consider,” Pierce says. “If you can, make it easy for kids to make the things they like to eat.”
便于使用的食品储藏间食品杂货的储存是家人首要考虑的问题，“消费品”区域通常在厨房规划中得不到应有的重视， 这是一家橱柜硬件制造商曾得出的结论。能充分展开的抽屉，是能让餐饮区的橱柜，充分展示收纳功能的重点。可以专门把下层的抽屉辟给孩子使用，放一些经家长们许可的食物。倡导厨房里能各取所需、并养成健康的饮食习惯都是重点要考虑的，可以的话，让孩子们能方便地学会制作他们自己爱吃的健康食品。 Open plan. The kitchen and living room are practically synonymous in a family’s home. One should flow into the other, and the lines between the two are getting more blurred. “The whole point is to build this beautiful kitchen that is user-friendly, but now you have to have those comforts that you used to have in your living room,” Bergin says.
开放空间厨房和起居室，对于一个家庭来说实际是同义词。家庭成员可以自如地从一处步入另一处，两者的边界也越来越模糊。打造漂亮厨房的全部意义，就在于要对使用者方便‘、快捷、和谐，而如今这些适宜的设置，甚至还可以配备到您的起居空间，厨房和起居室开放空间，就尤为重要。 Snack bar. Features like an island will multi-task in a family kitchen, serving as a snack bar, dining area or place for children to do homework while a parent prepares dinner.
小食吧台像家庭厨房内的多功能工作岛，就能被当作小食吧台，也能作为餐饮区或者在家长准备晚餐时给孩子拿来做作业。 Refrigerator drawers. Refrigerator configurations that include separate drawers are convenient for families that stock specific items for children, giving them permission to help themselves to food in the kids’ drawer. Also consider point-of-service refrigerators placed in convenient zones—even mudrooms
- A 30-inch baker’s height countertop in one zone; or a pull-out countertop that is lower and gives children ample workspace
- Floor surfaces that are easy to wipe down, such as porcelain tiles
- A family seating area, such as a breakfast nook, small table or even lounge chairs and a coffee table
- Media such as a computer or flat-screen television
- A family organization center that can be hidden away in a cabinet space, containing calendars, a bulletin board and other scheduling/messaging tools
- Pet food storage bins built into cabinetry