夏天就要到了，把《茶非茶》的夏日活动排上您的日程吧，我们为您准备了钢琴交响音乐会、秘密花园晚会、以及画廊午餐会等等供您选择。 I would like to present you a delicious dessert soup, named Bubur Chacha to cool you off before all the coming excitements from TCT summer schedule.
在开启这趟《茶非茶》夏日嬷嬷茶过山车之前，先镇定一下，我们在此为您呈上一道美味的马来西亚甜汤叫“Bubur Chacha” “摩摩喳喳”，欣喜之余，甜蜜椰香来消暑。
Bubur Cha Cha
- 150 gm yam (taro), peeled and diced
- 150 gm golden sweet potato
- 150 gm purple sweet potato
- 50 gm black-eyed beans (black-eyed peas)
- 50 gm tapioca pearls (sago pearls)
- 1 liter boiling water, plus more to cook beans and tapioca pearls
- 120 gm rock sugar or coconut sugar, finely chopped, or to taste
- 1½ cup coconut cream, or to taste
- 3 pandan leaves
- Rinse the black-eyed beans and drain well. Soak in boiling water with cover for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and put into a large pot of boiling water. The water should cover the beans up to at least 2 inches. Bring it to boil. Reduce heat to simmer over medium-slow heat until softened, but not mushy, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Soak tapioca pearls for 10 minutes. Drain and transfer into a pot of boiling water. Cover and cook over medium heat until it boils again. Immediately remove from heat. Don’t remove the pot lid. Let the residual heat inside to cook for further 10 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve. Rinse with running cold water. Drain well. The tapioca pearls should be translucent and retain their shapes. If some of them still have a white spot in the middle, they are not cooked through completely. It’s fine because you need to cook them with coconut milk later.
- Steam diced yam, golden and purple sweet potato in a wok over high heat, until softened, about 20 minutes. Test with a sharp knife or toothpick. They should be very easy to prick through.
- Use a large deep pot. Add 1 liter of boiling water with the rock sugar. Bring it to boil. Add pandan leaves. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Pour in coconut cream. Once it boils again, drain up and discard the pandan leaves. Add the sweet potatoes, black-eyed beans, tapioca pearls. The rock sugar should be dissolved completely. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Served hot. Or let it cool down and chill in fridge if you like it served cold.
- The consistency of every brand of coconut cream is very different. You can adjust the amount to your liking.
- Choose different colours of sweet potato to make this dish more colourful and attractive. The diced sweet potatoes will turn black if they are not cooked immediately. Soak them in water to avoid from turning black in colour.
- You can put the diced sweet potato in water to cook until softened instead of steaming. But beware that the purple sweet potato will turn your sweet coconut soup into purple. That’s why I used steaming.