- Eating asparagus promotes healthy bacteria in the large intestine and can help reduce bloating
- Asparagus contains vitamin K, essential for healthy blood clotting
- It is a rich source of vitamin C, which boosts your immune system
- Asparagus is a mild diuretic and is believed to help detoxify the body
Asparagus and pancetta soldiers with soft-boiled eggs
- 230g bunch of asparagus - 230克新鲜芦笋扎
- 2 thin slices of pancetta (about 90g) -2片薄意大利培根（大约90克）
- 4 medium free-range eggs - 4只散养有机鸡蛋
- a knob of butter - 黄油少许
- Wrap each stalk of asparagus in the pancetta.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer, then lower in 4 medium free-range eggs to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the wrapped asparagus over a medium heat, turning frequently, for about 4 minutes or until the asparagus is just tender and the pancetta is golden.
- Remove the eggs from the water, then serve in egg cups with the asparagus to dip in as soldiers.