Living in Vancouver, we love blueberries and I been taking advantage of picking fresh local blueberries with friends and family. Summer is a great time to enjoy this homegrown fruit. Blueberries are packed with nutrients and rich flavor!!! Here's are couple incredibly easy and most nature healthy recipes made by mostly fresh blueberries to indulge this wildly popular berries in the summer, especially for kids.....
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (about 1 lb)
- 3/4 cup sugar, or to taste.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice.
- Special equipment: 8 to 12 ice pop molds and sticks.
- In a blender, puree blueberries with water, sugar, and fresh lemon juice. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing with a rubber spatula to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Add water if needed to yield 3 cups.
2. Divide among ten 2 1/2 ounce molds; insert wooden sticks, and freeze until solid, about 3 hours (and up to 1 week). To remove, dip bottom of molds in warm water for 2 to 3 seconds
2. 分成10份灌入2 1/2盎司量的模具中；插入木棍，冰冻直至固化，约3小时（不超过1周）。将模具底部放在热水中约2-3秒以便取出棒冰。
Grape Gelatin with Blueberries
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- In a large bowl, sprinkle 1 envelope unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil over medium-high. Pour over gelatin mixture; stir in grap juice.
3. Divide blueberries evenly among four 6-ounce serving glasses; pour in gelatin mixture, pressing blueberries to submerge them completely.
4. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour (and up to 5 days, covered).
Enjoy the blueberries, enjoy the Summer, enjoy the freshness!!!